A place to scribble down my feelings.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Communication:-)

This is a long drawn topic, everyone talks about it daily, but still the question is usually considered as a "very corporate" question:-(. I think very few people think communication is the key to all relationships. How we communicate, or how often we communicate with our friends and spouse is very important to assess the health of a relationship.
Okay, so here it goes.
*I send a mail to a couple who are our family friends. I get a reply from the wife in a separate mail. The husband sends me another mail after two days, saying that he will ask the wife to reply...

* One of my relatives is very outspoken:-) so she would go around and tell people everything happening within the family. Since we do not know her version, it creates quite a chaos in various pockets because no one knows what the other person is talking.

* One of my friends tells me that she encourages people to get over their discomforts and be more adaptable to the new surroundings. The same person cannot dare move out of her comfort zone which is very unconvincing to me:-)

If I try to remember everything confusing that happens because of a simple reason, lack of communication, careless talking, hollow talking ...etc etc.

Communication, in the personal zone, is not just putting your thoughts out there in a diplomatic way, or getting your work done using "great" interpersonal skills. In personal life, the word "communication" includes a lot more than that because it is not the corporate set up we are talking about, we are talking about emotions, integrity, honesty, and spontaneity.

George Bernard Shaw said, "The problem with communication is the illusion that is has occurred. "

I will keep adding to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment